Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Writing clear Essays (3rd edition) is a good book, but not worth 74 dollars I tell you that. I bought an used version -it came with good conditions- and I am glad I paid only 9 dollars for it. It has very useful tips for writing better (even tough I am a brazilian, I can adapt it to portuguese and improve my english).
Also, there are good exercises but no answers in the back. Another negative aspect is the way this book wants to frame your writing and subjects , e.g "do not argue about polar issues like religion or abortion. These types of issues (called a priori premises) are based on faith, not logic". Well, so we should just stall on subjects like abortion? Also, when you think about this subjects and try to find arguments, many times you get inner knowledge and stand yourself towards the subject.
So, this book has some parts I disagree with, maybe you don't, but also has lots of useful content. It's worth up to fifteen dollars even though I earn in reais.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Writing Clear Essays (3rd Edition)
This book offers a traditional basis forwriting composition enhanced by contemporary concepts. It's aconcise rhetoric that will guide readers through theorganization and development of essays in each rhetoricalmode. The three-part chapter organizationcombines the writing process, essay structure, and wordchoice. It also includes a new chapter on the research paper.Its structure is in a light, informal, and supportive tone.
Click here for more information about Writing Clear Essays (3rd Edition)
0 comments:
Post a Comment