Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing Review

Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This is a very unique book. It presents a range of material relevant to dsp and communications that you will not likely find together in any other book. I think the proofs and explanations are pretty clear, and the book is very readable. Although my math background is limitied to the math courses I've taken within my EE curriculum, I found the math in this book to be accessible and understandable.
What brings it down, however, is the absolutely insane number of errors and typos. The errata for the SECOND printing is 43 pages long! It's so thick that I can't even staple it together with a regular stapler. And that's just the mistakes that they've identified. Who knows how many others lurk in the text undetected.
I can understand a page or two of corrections, that is typical of most EE textbooks. And I can understand that since this is a first edition, there will be more mistakes than for a typical textbook which has been through several editions. But 43 pages worth of mistakes is unacceptable in my opinion. This material is difficult enough without mistakes in the proofs and explanations.
Without the huge errata I would have happily given this book 5 stars, but for now I give it 2.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing

Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing tackles the challenge of providing readers and practitioners with the broad tools of mathematics employed in modern signal processing. Building from an assumed background in signals and stochastic processes, the book provides a solid foundation in analysis, linear algebra, optimization, and statistical signal processing. Interesting modern topics not available in many other signal processing books; such as the EM algorithm, blind source operation, projection on convex sets, etc., in addition to many more conventional topics such as spectrum estimation, adaptive filtering, etc. For those interested in signal processing.

Buy NowGet 20% OFF

Click here for more information about Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing

0 comments:

Post a Comment